Swedol offers professionals in the building, contracting, haulage and industrial sectors, and anyone else who wants professional quality, everything they need in the way of electrical/electronic products, tools, work clothes/safety equipment, vehicle accessories and consumables via its own shops, retailers, mail order and online. Swedol is a total supplier, offering a high level of service, exemplary stock-keeping and efficient delivery. The company has 86,000 customers who choose from a range of 20,000 products.
Swedol is already the market leader in the supply of practical, high-quality products at competitive prices and it will continue to grow. The target groups will be expanded and the number of own brands increased. An increasing number of customers will be private individuals. Among other things, the company sells a complete range of DIY articles. However, the focus will remain on the professional market. Swedol will open six-seven new shops a year.
In the last three years, Swedol has developed very fast. We believe that the border between professional and private customers is disappearing. Corporate customers currently account for 80 % of turnover, but we believe that the private market share of our sales may increase considerably in the future.
In the next few years, Swedol will continue to focus on growth and profitability. Our ambition is both to grow in our old shops and to use the new shops to consolidate our position as the market leader chain for the professional market. We consider location to be decisive to success. Therefore, we always choose visible shop locations on roads approaching large towns where there are already other shops. Good access for cars and lorries is important, as is parking. We will also expand our range with new articles.
The objectives of the company and board of directors
• Annual revenue growth of a minimum of 20%
• Annual operating margin amounting to a minimum of 13%
• The range should be developed so that Swedol can offer a complete range for all seasons of the year
• The brand Swedol should be highlighted in all internal and external communication
• The brand Swedol should be established as a market-leading retail chain for the vocational and professional market
• Own brands established within product groups with large potential
• Quality should permeate both products, service as well as the price image
• Return on equity of a minimum of 25%
• Long-term equity ratio of a minimum of 40%